I. Prepare to Invite
THE VISITOR’S PERSPECTIVE
Picture in your mind someone who has never been to your church building.
Describe the type of person who would intentionally seek out the ministry
programs/services of your congregation.
1. What is he or she like? Describe this person’s personal
characteristics (e.g. age, gender, race, marital status, etc.).
2. What are this person’s needs? What are the motivating
forces in his or her life? For what are they looking?
3. How would this person know that your congregation exists?
4. Why would this person choose to come to your fellowship?
5. What feelings, worries, concerns or issues would this person have?
6. What can your congregation do to alleviate or eliminate the visitor’s
concerns?7. How can your congregation become more "visitor friendly?"
Copyright 1994 by Bob Dealey, P.O. Box 911, Maryville, IL 62062.
Permission is granted to reproduce this page provided that copies are
for local use only and that all copies carry this copyright information.