VISITATION: INITIAL FOLLOW-UP CONTACT
Objective: Within 72 hours
of a person's visit to Our Lord's Lutheran Church, a parish caller will
go to the visitor's home to make an "at-the-door" visit (approx.
5-10 min. in length).
Length of service: 12 months
Expectations: The parish caller
- Identify him/herself as a representative from Our Lord's Lutheran
Church ("Hi! I'm Name from Our Lord's Lutheran Church.")
- Verbally thank the visitor for coming to Our Lord's Lutheran Church.
("I just wanted to stop by and say 'Thank You' for coming to
our Lord's Lutheran Church.")
- Give the visitor a "Thank You" Pack which will include
the following materials:
- A brief Thank you note
- A copy of the Parish Newsletter
- An Our Lord's Lutheran Church coffee mug
- A congregational brochure
- A congregational "Quick Fact" sheet
- Ask the visitor, if there is any way that the parish caller can
be of assistance and make any appropriate referrals.
- Leave materials at the door with a "Sorry, I missed you"
note, in the event that the visitor is not at home.
- Provide information to the Evangelism Committee for possible inclusion
on a Prospective Members' list.