Director of Noah's Ark Preschool
Trinity Lutheran Church seeks a person to join our ministry leadership team and share the spirit of engaging all people in sharing their God-given gifts for ministry in ways which are meaningful and enriching to faith and daily life. The Directory of Noah's Ark Preschool will be the lead staff person in coordinating, furthering, equipping, and encouraging preschool families in a comprehensive preschool ministry system. The goal of this endeavor will be to share the love of God through an exciting preschool curriculum of discovery & exploration with preschoolers and their families.
The Director of Noah's Ark Preschool must have a sense of call and a passion for ministry with preschool age children & their families that is grounded in an understanding and appreciation of Lutheran theology. This person should have significant experience in preschool/elementary age ministry and possess good communication skills with both young children and adults. Commitment comes from an understanding of God's love for us and God's desire for us to make the Good News of Jesus Christ come alive in tangible ways for each family. A willingness to grow in faith in this position as the ministry system of Trinity evolves is a requirement.
Specific experience should include a Bachelor's degree in Education with demonstrated experience and licensure or certification in early childhood education. Also, leadership experience in administration and staff guiding is required. This person should see this position as a call to the ministry of preschool age children. The Director must be able to work well with all staff, volunteers, and preschool families.
The Director of Noah's Ark shall:
2) Utilize prayer as the key to ministry
3) Have primary responsibility for administration of Noah's Ark Preschoo and insure that Noah's Ark abides to state day care requirements
4) Provide leadership and input to the Preschool Staff and Committee for developing new strategies for Christian growth in the preschool and children's ministries of Trinity Lutheran Church
5) Direct all the financial affairs, management, fund development and accounting systems of the preschool
6) Encourage, inspire, and nurture preschool children and their families in the love of Jesus and sharing the Good News
7) Work cooperatively with all staff to enhance existing ministries and develop new ones to reach an ever growing and dynamic population within and beyond Trinity.
The Director will work cooperatively and receive support from the Lead Team Pastor who will uphold you in prayer. Furthermore the Lead Team Pastor will strive to assist you in reaching your full potential as you grow in faith and contribute to Trinity's goals for outreach and preschool family ministry. Other pastors and ministry directors pledge their support and will work cooperatively with you. Opportunity for review and goal setting will take place on an annual basis.
The Director of Noah's Ark shall:
2) be a mentor, companion, resource, and role model for the people of Trinity and specifically the Children's Ministries of Trinity
3) foster and strive to grow a spirit of Christian community specifically with and between the preschool staff and also the preschoolers and their families
4) work cooperatively with the preschool staff, preschool committee, children's ministry staff, other ministry directors, and others to educate and keep the congregation informed about the Noah's Ark preschool program.
5) work cooperatively as a team to develop, plan,and implement an exciting preschool curriculum of discovery and exploration in God's world
6) keep an accurate set of weekly and monthly lesson plans for the preschool curriculum
7) communicate with the Congregational Council on a monthly basis
8) attend weekly staff meetings and periodic planning meetings with ministry staff and clergy
[ PRESCHOOL ] [ HOME ]
© Copyright 2001 by the Northwest Synod of Wisconsin Resource Center. Please see our usage policy.
NW Synod of Wisconsin Resource Center