General Secretarial and Reception Work
1. Answers telephone Wednesday through Friday.
2. Fulfills front-desk reception duties Tuesday through Friday.
3. Provides secretarial support for youth staff and parish nurse.
4. Arranges Limo-Cab rides for members who are seniors or disabled.
5. Orders flowers on Wednesdays for Sunday worship.
6. Recruits Monday volunteer for phone and front-desk reception work.
7. Sorts and distributes mail Wednesday through Friday.
8. Labels and duplicates cassette tapes of worship when requested.
9. Proofs worship bulletins, issues of the First Word and congregational mailings.
10. Prepares worship bulletins when other secretary is absent.
11. Runs errands for the office as needed.
12. Assists other two secretaries as needed.
13. Utilizes volunteers for assistance whenever possible.
1. Maintains accurate and up-to-date files for the official records of the congregation.
2. Manages and records information for weddings, funerals, confirmations, baptisms, etc. and provides necessary information to bookkeeper for membership data management.
3. Maintains and posts a current list of hospitalized members of the congregation.
4. Prepares annual report of the congregation.
5. Prepares annual synodical report.
Calendar of Congregation
1. Maintains the official activity calendar of the congregation.
2. Assigns and coordinates room/meeting space.
1. Hours are typically 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday
2. One hour lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
3. Attend weekly staff meetings (Tuesday at 10:00 a.m.)
4. Automobile required for running errands for the church office
5. Annual performance review with director supervisor
1. Strong human relation and phone skills and ability to work with volunteers
2. Strong organizational skills
3. Proficiency in WordPerfect 6.1
4. Minimum of 60 words per minute keyboarding
5. Ability to work with others on a multiple staff
6. Commitment to maintaining confidentiality