ST. JOHN'S LUTHERAN CHURCH
Secretary is a support person in the organizational
functions of St. John's Lutheran Congregation. That person
assists the Office Manager in the physical operations of the
church office and supports him/her in maintaining it in an
efficient and pleasant manner. Areas of primary
responsibilities are membership, contributions,
receptionist, printing and mailings.
Facilitate communication and planning, attend the weekly
St. John's staff meeting.
2. Support the Office Manager, Pastors, Program Staff and
Volunteers in clerical tasks that may need to be
3. Receive and account for the money received in the
church office during the week.
4. Post the weekly offerings to membership accounts and
make these records available in printed form quarterly.
These individual records are to be organized for
distribution to members on a quarterly basis.
5. Maintain accurate and current membership records.
6. Mail visitor letters on a weekly basis and maintain
records for prospective members.
7. Make available copies of tapes of all services and
special events at members requests and to be responsible
for cataloging, filing and ordering said tapes.
8. Fill the role of receptionist for the church office
when a volunteer is not present.
9. Back up Parish Secretary as required.
10. Be familiar with and function within the guidelines
of the Lay
and Policies of St. John's Lutheran Church.
Membership Secretary is first responsible to the Office
2. The Membership Secretary is second responsible to the
visitor, baptism, and new member letters as required.
2. Post attendance and communion cards weekly.
3. Keep membership records current when changes occur
such as: marriage, address change, transfers, baptisms,
4. Report to Church Council monthly membership changes
caused by transfer/release in and out, inactivity,
dropping from rolls, and reinstatement.
5. Support and assist volunteers with special office
6. Support Pastors in membership data
7. Support the volunteer coordinator in membership data
8. Mail envolope changes monthly to envelope mail service
9. Provide list of visitors to Evangelism Outreach
Total and designate monies received in the church office
during the week.
2. Record special contributions for bulletin
3. Post offering envelope receipts to individual
4. Submit Cash Receipts Sheet weekly to Office Manager
for receipt posting to Finance Module.
5. Print Contribution Reports in June and year end for
6. Print and organize Contribution Statements quarterly
for distribution to members via bulk mail by sorting and
labeling per post office specifications.
7. Print and include inserts required with Contribution
Maintain filing system for all tapes.
2. Copy tapes of services or St. John's events upon
request of members if volunteer is not present.
3. Keep an inventory of tapes and order when needed.
4. Clean heads on tape copier regularly.
Receptionist /Miscellaneous Clerical Tasks
Inform churches of visiting communicants.
2. Make photo copies upon request of church organizations
and staff members.
3. Maintain and update file on upcoming weddings.
4. Fill special clerical requests by Office Manager and
5. Answer telephone and relay telephone messages to
proper party. (If volunteer is not present.
6, Receive and direct visitors and members who come to
the church office.
7. Make available and label blank tapes for pastors.