POSITION: Nursery Attendant
Supervision: Worship, Music & Arts Committee and Associate Pastor
1. Offer and provide for the emotional, physical and social needs of young children during the time they are in the church nursery.
2. Interact with the children and encourage their involvement in activities.
3. Prepare and maintain a warm, safe environment that is orderly, clean and appealing.
4. Establish and maintain good communication and be sensitive and responsive to parents.
5. Read, understand and follow nursery policies.
6. Be on site in the nursery for the entire scheduled time.
7. Arrange for substitute in the event of absence from scheduled time. Notify current Worship Committee member in charge of the nursery by the Wednesday before a Sunday absence at the latest.
Hours are: 7:45 to 10:00 a.m.
or 10:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. during the school year (approximately September through May)
Hours are: 8:45 to 10:00 a.m.
and/or 10:00 to 11:30 a.m. during the summer months (approximately June through August)
Must stay in the nursery the entire scheduled time.
1. Background experience in child care ore early childhood development.
2. Must be a nurturing, caring, patient caregiver who enjoys working with young children.
3. Outgoing personality and ability to work well with children.
4. Organizational skills helpful.
5. CPR and First Aid certification required.
6. Must be 16 years of age or older.